( The following is only a guide for for students and parents who wish to apply independently, All sixth year students will get a full demonstration and many classes devoted to the CAO application process and can complete their full application in school.)
The CAO Application process opens on Nov 2013 – 1st Feb 2014.
If students wish to avail of discount rate of €25, they need to apply before Jan 20th either by using a laser/visa card, a prepaid credit card or completed Bank Giro Form.
- Log on to website www.cao.ie
- Enter Site.
- Click on Apply if you are a first time user after that you can check your account by going through My Application.
- Read through the instructions and then click on Proceed with Application.
- Personal Details section: Complete carefully, check postal address and tick box, include mobile number and email address. You need to use a password also .
- From previous discussion with parents and guidance counsellor you will know if the Disability/Specific Learning Difficulty and HEAR/DARE section applies to you. ( Please refer to relevant career newsletter on school server about both programmes).
- Qualifications & Assessment Section tick no. 1.
- Payments Section– use paid Application Fee payment form/ laser /credit card here. Make sure all sections are completed.
- Tick the Terms & Conditions section.
- Proceed with application.
- A new screen will appear with your CAO number– if you have provided a mobile number it will be sent by text to your phone at this point, otherwise write it down in case you accidently log off.
- Scroll down and Log in using your CAO number, date of birth and your password if you have given an email address.
- Second level education – name of school, address and years attended.
- Repeat students: Enter the year you did First Leaving cert and your exam number for that year.
- Course Choices
- Level 8: Honours degree courses can be now entered.
- Level 7 & 6 : Ordinary degree and Higher Certificate courses can now be entered.
PLEASE REMEMBER GUIDELINES DISCUSSED IN CLASS REGARDING PLACEMENT OF CHOICES
- Read over your entire application
- Print out a copy of your application using icon at tab on top of the page.
- Remember you can make changes to your courses from May 1st to July 1st but do so with care and further discussion with parents/guardians and guidance counsellor.
Good Luck !