Use of computers and IT facilities in the school is a privilege and not a right.
Abuse is considered serious and sanctions will occur. – Access entails responsibility.
- Passwords to be kept private and NOT shared.
- Computers are for “Educational Use” ONLY.
- Downloading Obscene, Pornographic or banned material is prohibited.
(Accessing such sites accidentally must be reported IMMEDIATELY!)
- Email attachments NOT to be opened.
- Sending or displaying offensive messages forbidden, as is harassment or insults to others.
- Never divulge personal details over the internet i.e. name, address, phone no. or photos and NEVER arrange to meet someone over the internet!
- Only approved chat rooms/discussion forums may be used with teacher’s permission.
- Purchase of goods or services is prohibited, including subscribing to Internet Services.
- Downloading Music or Pictures for personal use is not allowed.
- Downloading non-approved software is prohibited.
- Use of personal memory i.e. USB memory requires teachers prior permission and must be scanned for potential viruses.
- Use of printer should be utilised resourcefully and only with the teachers permission
- For Health & Safety reason, “Food or Drink” may NOT be consumed while working at a computer or brought into the computer room.