090 64 53600

School Principal
Mr. Garrett Buckley
Deputy Principal

Ms. Stacey Guinan

L.C.V.P.

Leaving Certificate students taking and certain combination of subjects qualify for LCVP (Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme). In order to qualify, students choose any two subjects from specialist groupings as specified by the Department of Education, but in practice most students will qualify to do the subject.

The programme gives students the opportunity to complete a portfolio of work on aspect of two link modules, World of Work and enterprise, worth 60% of their final grade. There is also a terminal exam which takes place in the last week of May in the Leaving Cert year, and this accounts for the remaining 40% of the overall grade. Students can achieve a Distinction, Merit of a Pass grade in the subject.

The students portfolio includes four compulsory item, a Curriculum Vitae, an Action Plan, a Summary Report and a Career Investigation. Two other items are chosen from a choice of four, Work Experience Diary, My Own Place, Recorded Interviews and Enterprise report.

Sixth Year trip to Butlers Chocolates