|PARENTS ASSOCIATION 2018 -2020|
|2||High street Belmont||Claire Nugent
|4||Boora. Lumcloon, Cloghan||
|5||Dernagun Pullough Oughter||Michelle McLoughlin
Report of Parents Association 2017/2018
Member of the Parents Association were happy to stay on as members with new parent representatives been bought in for Ballycumber and Cloghan and parents of new first years were also invited to join the PA.
Meetings were held in Classroom 1 in the school. There were four Parent Associations meeting held during the 2017/2018 academic year and there was excellent discussion and contributions from all members. Arlene Guinan continued as secretary Geraldine Keena was elected chairperson.
In late September, Geraldine Kenna addressed parents of first years at a meeting and spoke about the role of the Parents Association and how they as parents/guardians can assist their son/daughter in school.
There was a workshop held for all parents/guardians from ZEEKO, based in UCD on how to become more knowledgeable about new internet technologies and ensure their children as safe using the internet. It was a very informative and thought-provoking meeting and well attended. It was agreed later in the year that perhaps Pat McKenna from Childwatch should be contacted for 2018 /19 to address all students again.
The following are some of the range of topics discussed at meetings and worked on over the year by the Parents Association.
- Matters arising from BOM Reports & Principal Reports
- Update on the reports from NDFA and DES on the safety of the riverbank.
- Ant Bullying Policy
- Critical Incident Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- TY Enrolment Policy
- SSE Engagement in Learning
- Junior Cycle, CBA’s and JCSP
- School attendance /uniform
- Academic Awards
- School Musical
- Workshops for students 2017/18 and suggested ones for 2018/19
- Circular on Religious Education in Schools
- Data Protection and GDPR
- Agreement on procedures for election of new Parents Association and parent’s nominees for the new Board of Management.
The following were the activities that the parent’s association got involved in during the year:
- Supporting our charity cycle with the Lynx cycling club I September 2017 and Lough Boora Easter Sunday 2018.
- Supporting the workshop on Internet technology.
- Attending Irish Dancing Ceili in Nov 2017
- Active involvement in the review of school Policies
- Academic Awards afternoon
- Refreshments during the week of the School Musical