Friday 31st January
A meeting of the Gallen CS student council took place in Mr. Mulhall’s room on Friday 31 January.
Present were: Ross McLoughlin, Orla Duffy , Charlotte Healy ,James McEvoy , Cody Reams , Joseph Dunican and Megan Henson.
Issues discussed were
- Progress on the issue of bag racks between the Home Economics room and the Cluny Unit.
- Ross McLoughlin spoke about more students getting involved in Jigsaw particularly the 3rd Year and TY Groups. Meetings are held once a month.
- As part of the Leaving Certificate subject awareness night, the new PE Curriculum and what it entails could be promoted. It was suggested that students are with teachers at Subject Tables and that students talk about their experiences of the subject.
- That a Spanish Cultural Evening be held as part of the TY Awards Night.
The Council agreed to meet again after midterm.
Student Council 2020
A meeting of the Gallen CS student council took place in Mr Mulhall’s room on Friday January 17. Present were Ross McLoughlin, Orla Duffy, James McEvoy, Cody Reams, Charlotte Healy, Cian Egan, Katie Dunne, Lauren Reynolds and Megan Henson.
The agenda was to fill the positions of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Assistant Secretary.
The following were elected:
|Ross Mc Loughlin||Chairperson|
|Orla Duffy||Vice Chairperson|
|Cian Egan||Assistant Secretary|
Issues at the meeting included:
- calls for bag racks for second years between the Home Economics room and Cluny centre.
- It was highlighted that first years do not always use the bag racks so perhaps these could be used by second years.
The Council agreed to meet in Mr Mulhall’s room every second Friday at 1240.
It is hoped to get more representatives from each year at our next meeting particularly from TY and 5th Year.